Dear Friend ,
After a season of travel and rest, I am back in Orlando preparing to start training workshops again tomorrow and next weekend.
I value your prayer for this time to be sober and serious in preparing our hearts and equipping our minds and spirits to reach women in the US and globally this year.
This summer I was invited to a time of rest and retreat with my cousin in South Africa, a partner in our ministry. What an incredible place to experience God’s awesome creation! I went hoping to study and write but found myself so overwhelmed and humbled by God’s presence in the dramatic creation there, and in His love to me through my cousin, that most days I would sit in tears unable comprehend the overwhelming, undeserved goodness of God. I was humbled by God’s vast demonstration of love knowing I had done nothing to deserve it and could do nothing to repay it!
Surrounded by mountains and ocean, every morning I woke to the waves rolling onto the coast of South Africa. It was a daily reminder of God’s love rolling into our lives every day, filling us anew with his Holy Spirit. Each morning I peered sleepily through the shutters, comforted to see the waves had faithfully shown up, still lapping against the shore. If I was in any doubt about them being there the next day, I only had to look at the vast ocean from whence they came, to see the endless supply of water which will never run dry till this world is wrapped up for ever. What a powerful image of God’s never ending daily supply of love that will never run out. Behind the ocean, the mountains stood firm and strong, a powerful reminder of the security of God’s love, the power and comfort of His immovable presence and strength.
There is such healing and fulfillment in being near the ocean and the mountains and I sat for hours enjoying restoration and renewal in their presence. Yet, as much as I found rest in this natural beauty, it was when I opened God’s living Word that I found true fulfillment and nourishment for my soul.
I was thankful for time at home with my family in UK and our UK Butteflies. Please pray for my mother who is suffering excruciating pain from Tri-geminal Neuralgia in her head.
I was very aware of the increased global turmoil since my international travels a year ago. What comfort to open God’s word and know that no matter where we are, like waves rolling onto the shore, the Holy Spirit, whispers comfort, love, guidance and promises into our soul, filling and satisfying our deepest needs, promising us His safety and security even if the mountains fall into the sea.
For that reason I am excited to be back in Orlando preparing to spend three days this weekend in the presence of the Holy Spirit as He opens up His word to our Butterflies, refreshes our souls and empowers us to go boldly back into the world to be salt and light in a dark and trembling world.
Would you pray these verses in agreement with us and for us?
When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said, to You “Your face Lord I will seek.” Psalm 27:8
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, they will be filled. Matthew 5:6
The marriage of the lamb has come and the bride has made herself ready. Revelation 19:7
That the man (woman) of God would be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. Be diligent to present yourself approved of God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15; 4:17
- Pray for Orlando based Butterflies attending Workshop Sept. 4-6
- Pray for US and International Butterflies attending Workshop 6 Sept. 10-14
Prayer Focus for Workshops
- The eyes and ears of our hearts will be prepared as good soil to receive His word and His Spirit.
- That my heart and mouth will be filled with His Spirit to speak and teach His word.
- The Holy Spirit will have freedom to convict, transform and bring greater understanding to our hearts so that we continue to grow in our freedom, identity and purpose in Christ.
- That we will experience Jesus moving in the “hidden” parts of our innermost being as we learn to be filled with His Spirit and surrender to His leading.
- That we will strive to be of one mind in the unity of the Spirit, that we will recognize and bind all hindrances and discord so that the Holy Spirit may move freely among us.
- We will be filled with the knowledge of His will and all spiritual understanding of His call on our lives, and that the Holy Spirit will continue to transform, equip, empower and set us free to reach women globally in our generation.
I love you and thank you for your faithful partnership with me in Love UnVeiled!
With love in our Lord Jesus, Liz