This is a powerful testimony from one of our Butterflies delivered from occult and New Age bondage.
She joined our weekly group Set Free to Love in December and the Holy Spirit began to uncover and set her free from many spiritual and emotional strongholds.
Thank you for being obedient to what God has called you to do. For sharing your life with the group and for sharing your heart. I was impacted by your story and identify with it in many ways. More than you think.
From 1999 through 2003 I dwelled in new age mysticism seeking the christ. I was seeking God but was misled through different things I lived in; Landmark Forum which was cult seek to numb your emotions. I also did Rieki and was a Reiki master level 2 and did healings etc. I consulted psychics and mediums. I visited Buddhist and Hindu temples because I thought all paths led to God. I was seeking and did things to find my higher consciousness. I took classes in Taichi with a master who took advantage of me and literally raped me and I was numb.
I tell you this because I was a vulnerable woman in my past seeking love in the wrong places. I see this in our community – a lot of women seeking enlightenment and purpose. God has opened my eyes since 2003 about this and stripped me in 2004. There were still remnants I thought I had got rid of and well, God used your ministry to help me see some strong holds in my life.
I remember that when God convicted me in 2003 -2004 I searched and I found Marcia Montenegro Christian Answers for the New Age. She helped me a lot during this period
Women are very susceptible and now God has helped me see the deception yoga and other tools the counterfeit Christ uses to lure women and men.
Hosea 2:14 was given to me in 2001 and didn’t understand it back then as God started stripping the idols of my heart and paganism that plagued me from the past. I have been searching for God since age 15 and He has put me in a long journey. Orlando, FL has been my valley of Anchor.
I am 41 years old and up to last year on my 40th birthday I had put my identity in everything else but not in Jesus. I knew I was frustrated with my life and working like a hamster non-stop but no joy. I had been praying and it took me to my mental breakdown (in January) to deal with me. I had to confess the deepest and darkest things in my life but I had to hit that bottom to get freedom. He is still honing my identity as the daughter of the king. It’s like a muscle I am learning to use and be comfortable with it. Thank you for reminding us that we are daughters of the King. Thank you for your support and thankful that God is using this training to show me what is next for me.
“Aha” moments from last weekend’s Butterfly Training!
I had been wrestling all this week about coming to your workshop because of physical tiredness and some health concerns. But what I learned was I never saw myself as capable of leading anyone. What can He possibly do with me? Am I meant to be here in your workshop? Thoughts of ineffectiveness kept sounding in my mind and I have been praying for Him to show me and give me peace about it. I finally rested last night. “Aha” moments for me were:
- I am thankful that God is showing me that I just have to “be” and be comfortable in my own skin. Your testimony “are you okay with being Liz?” made me ask that question myself “Am I okay with me,?”.
- You never know if you knock on a door what will happen. Who are you to your neighbors? What image are you reflecting each day? Jesus? His image? Do you give love to others? Do you embrace the lonely? He has been pulling the strings of my heart. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own drama that we forget to see who we are? That was an aha moment for me.
- Listening is another AHA for me….Do I listen to others and just be still? I pray that God teaches me to listen? I was so caught in the excitement that God was showing me that I needed to be here in the training that I forgot to listen to Amy and why she was here. I felt very convicted that I need to learn to listen and be still.
- Geneva’s word that she reflects the light of God to others in many ways for those that need Jesus was another AHA for me. Just be and be still.
- Allow God to open that door to others and be invited in was another aha for me too. To be in His will instead of doing my own.
- Another aha – If there is nothing I can do in a situation just praise God. Worship him….Another aha
- Praise God, through the blood of Jesus Christ the power of the enemy has been broken. Knowing His truth, has power to set us free!
Let us continually praise God for the power of the blood of Jesus Christ to deliver us from every evil bondage of the enemy.
In His Love