LUV Let’s Get Real Event – A Place To Dwell – September 2019
The wonderful thing about praying is that you leave a world of not being able to do something and enter God’s realm where everything is possible. He specializes in the impossible. Nothing is too great for His almighty power. Nothing is too small for His love. Corrie Ten Boom.
When my butterfly sister Betty shared this powerful statement on prayer with me, it reminded me of something that happened when I was walking last week.
A cat chasing a bird, came racing towards me. The bird was flying fast, as if his life depended on it. But he was flying so close to the ground he was easy prey for the cat! As they flew by me, I stepped out and chased the cat away. Immediately the bird found its wings and flew up high, far above the cat’s reach.
Why had the bird been flying so close to the ground when he could so easily have soared far above the danger? I could only imagine that a temporary state of fear had paralyzed him into forgetting his identity and the power in his wings to fly above his enemy.
How often does fear paralyze us into forgetting who we are in Christ, and rob us of the power and authority He has given us over all the works of the enemy?
Every day I meet with women who are fighting for their lives in the battle of their mind, the battle of their heart, the battle of fear, depression, discouragement, disappointment, deception, rejection, unresolved anger, confusion, unforgiveness, woundedness, exhaustion. There are many solutions offered today, but at the end of the day, our battles are most often not with flesh and blood but with principalities and powers in the heavenly places, Ephesians 6:12.
The eagle doesn’t fight its enemy on the ground but takes it up into the air where it loses its power to fight. As Corrie Ten Boom reminds us, we have to take our battle to a higher place where the enemy has no power and where God’s power is released by His Holy Spirit in response to our cries and our faith in His promises to fight on our behalf, to heal our wounds, to renew our strength, to overcome strongholds and to set us free from the lies of the enemy.
Last week 115 women came to our Let’s Get Real event in Orlando, from as far as S. Florida, and even Virginia they came hungry for truth and spiritual renewal. Our worship and teaching sessions pointed women to a higher place, “A Place to Dwell” in the storms of life, a place where God loves to dwell in the holy of holies, the intimate secret place of our heart, where He takes us high above the enemy and shelters us under the shadow of His wings.
(Videos of the three sessions are available at www.loveunveiled.org and on our Love UnVeiled YouTube Channel under the “LUV Teaching Videos” playlist.)
Today more than ever, women need to know their identity and freedom in Jesus Christ. I thank God for the LUV leaders He is raising up around the world to disciple other women in freedom and truth.
This month we continue to equip women globally through LUV workshops and weekly groups, leading them into the word of God and empowering them by His Spirit, so that they will be rooted and grounded in their identity in Jesus Christ, and know their authority and power over all the works of the enemy.
· For a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit to empower every leader as they lead women to deeper intimacy and knowledge of Jesus through the word.
Would you pray for our LUV leaders around the world this month:
· That women will come not for information, but for transformation.
· That we will have courage and boldness in His name to break chains and bondages holding women in deception and fear, and set them free to be who God created them to be.
· That more women will answer God’s call to lead others to find their true identity in Jesus.
Pray specifically for LUV workshops & weekly groups meeting this month: (for security reasons most leaders names are not mentioned).
- France – Oct 12-14 Workshop 2; Marie Carmen leading 9 women coming from across France this weekend for LUV workshop 2.
- Orlando – Oct 18-22 Workshop 5; Liz equipping leaders returning to Orlando from Lithuania, Arizona, Oregon and Orlando.
- S. Florida – Oct 18-21 Workshop 1; Tanya equipping group of 14 new women to help her in jail ministry in South Florida.
- New York – Oct 25-28 Workshop 2; Angie leading 9 women coming from NY to S. Florida for ongoing transformation and healing.
- Orlando weekly groups starting October; 9 leaders leading 7 LUV weekly groups, Monday through Thursday.
- North Carolina weekly groups for women in Workbook 1 and Workbook 3 in Waynesville. New group for Workbook 1 starting in Brevard.
- Minneapolis weekly group for Moldovan women living in Minneapolis.
- Arizona weekly group, introductory LUV study, The Divine Exchange.
- Lithuania workshop & weekly groups ongoing transformation and discipleship for women in groups.
- S. E Asia workshops and weekly groups; LUV leaders working in closed environment. 20 new LUV groups started in city church. Pray for leaders coming under false accusations and attempts to shut down their teaching and materials.
- India Workshop & weekly groups – pray for boldness and courage for leaders and many women to experience freedom and healing.
- UK weekly group and LUV prayer team, beginning Workbook 5.
- Brazil workshops & weekly groups, and launch of The Butterfly Story book in Portuguese this month.
- Peru weekly group – Workbook 3 and ongoing discipleship.
- Moldova Workshop 1to equip Moldovan women to reach women in their country.
you for joining me in praying that God will transform women and
multiply the fruit of His word through these leaders in each country.